Friday, July 22, 2011

A Prayer

I am reading a Christian Fiction series about early Christianity (The Acts of Faith--highly recommend them).  A prayer was listed in the pages, and it spoke to me.  I wanted to share it with you all:

Grant me wisdom, O Lord.  Solomon asked this first.  I am not as wise as he.  I have asked for everything else.  Freedom, liberty, strength, riches.  But I humble myself this night and accept that without you, and without your direction, all these other things are nothing.  I am nothing.  Show me clearly what you would have me do.  Give me the strength to accept your will.  And do it to the utmost of my ability.

I thought as I was reading it: "I always ask for this, that, and the other, but I never simply ask for wisdom and direction, and the strength to accept His will."  I hope to be better about asking for this guidance in the future.

In other news, we need to get our next Bible Study on our calendars.  Sean and I would be glad to host, and the following dates in August work well for us: 8/11, 8/14, 8/20 or 8/26.  Let me know which of these days would NOT work for you, and we will try to accommodate as many as possible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.