Hey friends, I don't know about you all, but sometimes I struggle with prayer. Sometimes I feel guilty about constantly bringing my needs before God. There have also been times when I felt helpless and I've been guilty of thinking, "I can't do anything other than pray." Well, praying IS doing something. I just need to have more faith when I pray that God is going to take care of it, in one way or another. And sometimes, I just quickly have something pop into my head or I hear about something and I say a little prayer, and I feel like I don't concentrate enough on the awesome God that I'm praying to, like we talked about in the first chapter of the Crazy Love book. While reading the bible, I came across this verse in Mark that really stuck out to me, so I wanted to share it.
24 That's why I urge you to pray for absolutely everything, ranging from small to large. Include everything as you embrace this God-life, and you'll get God's everything.25 And when you assume the posture of prayer, remember that it's not all asking. If you have anything against someone, forgive-only then will your heavenly Father be inclined to also wipe your slate clean of sins." Mark 11: 24-25, The Message
For me, this is a good reminder that you can talk to God about ANYTHING and it really does make a difference. It's also a good reminder that prayer shouldn't always be about asking God to give you things. Sometimes your prayer might need to be focused on changing your attitude and your own growth and/or change.
-Hannah
I am behind! Great post, Hannah! And I am with you: I love to talk to God about anything. I always think of a lyric in a country song: "he was praying to God like he was talking to a friend."
ReplyDelete